Broadband DSL Rants and Raves

Saturday, July 11, 2009

The blog writer writes, I've had 3 different DSL Service Providers in the past 4 years. I want to take this opportunity to give an objective and unbiased review on the experiences I've had with all 3. Hopefully this will help you guys when you make your decision to get your own broadband, be it for gaming, e-mail, downloading, or surfing. For this article, I'll write about my experiences
with Bayantel DSL, SMART Bro, and PLDT MyDSL.
Click the title of article above to read the complete blog writers comments at .Walkster blog 7/1/09

PLDT/Globe/SUN/Banyantel should read the many comments on this blog if they
want to solve some service problems wow.

Some of the comments follow including mine:

Jane Says: My rants with PLDT DSL warrant its own blog post sa haba. To think that I was one of their oldest subscribers -had the old P2,500 plan and got speeds less than 512kbps for the longest time. To cut the long story short, I reached my saturation point and had my DSL cut and moved to another carrier. I should have done that a long, long time ago

7/2/09 comment Pldt = as stated above worst customer service but probably has the best connection almost no downtimes, consistent speeds, doesnt seem to have peak hours etc..

7/3/09 comment I've had experience in both PLDT and Globe Customer service.
while both are bad.. let's just say I wish I had not chosen Globe.

7/4/09 comment guys, you better try sun broadband wireless.actually it's offered intially in metro manila & some parts of cavite.the connection is fast plus the service is unlimited for only Php799/month but if you already have a postpaid plan with suncellular you can bundle it with the broadband by adding php649 only per month ;)

7/7/09 comment PLDT sucks bigtime super!! Got my DSL Feb 2008 and HAVEN'T
received any billing statement to this date EVER!!

7/9/09 comment Try going to any PLDT office. See those employees feeling like they're bank tellers. Tayo dito tayo doon. LOL When it's your turn for the complain."Sir we're very sorry but ". Expect a very very frustrating day. But when it comes to payments, OH MY GOD! They will even sue you for not paying the bills on time. LOL

My comment: Globe bills online only show one month and you must already know the amount to access that even! SMART at least has three months billing available online.

And SMART bills are always late, I wonder why they even waste the money on a carrier (and printing envelopes and paper costing almost a million dollars a year I am sure?) when they just bought Meralco that does a wonderful job of emailing a bill to customers every month and makes the customer so happy as a result where he can pay ontime! Maybe PLDT and SMART should learn some things from Meralco hehe now that they own part of it.

My experience with SMART Bro has been excellent in Cebu but I am near the cell tower. In Manila, it has varied greatly sometimes average and sometimes never so slow I give up They have three different websites for emails, viewing your bills, and signing into your account all with separate logins, and passwords so complicated, its worse than bank passwords. And I wonder why they make customers sign into three separate sites for email, billing, and internet account instead of being under one login? And even yahoo logins are simpler passwords, make it simple someone once said but SMART doesnt seem to take this view in this case at least!

And Globe DSL has a built in auto disconnect every hour which disrupts your browsing and surfing, and disconnects your yahoo and downloads. Seems they should eliminate this as many blogs complain about the constant disconnects for Globe DSL! Or are they even interested in customer satisfaction hehe? But I am sure since many stock analysts and stockholders may read this, maybe they should be interested!

0 comments

Post a Comment